This page is in the 'old' namespace, and was imported from our previous wiki. We recommend checking for more up-to-date information using the search box.
- Ensure that excel has not quoted Filename and other field headings in the first line of your .csv metadata file.
- The default behaviour on excel is to quote everthing, so you may need to inspect your .csv file with a text editor before ingest.
- Quoted heading get passed through and you end up with build errors due to invalid XML
- It's OK - and often necessary - for your actual data to be quoted
- if your .csv file is in the same folder as your files, then ensure you rename it so it is seen before all other files. '0000metadata.csv' worked for me. Note: The default behaviour is to read files in order - so if your .csv file isn't read first, you end up with two seperate records; one with metadata and no file, the other being the file and no metadata.
For details on using the MetadataCSVPlugin, please see Operational_summaries_of_example_plugins.