This page is in the 'old' namespace, and was imported from our previous wiki. We recommend checking for more up-to-date information using the search box.
Export the GSDL collections to CD/DVD
GSDL collections can be exported and write into a CD/DVD, which has a GSDL library included and can run independently on Windows machines.
Go to the GLI, choose File-"Write CD/DVD image" from the menu. The window "Write CD/DVD image" will pop up and require you to fill in some information.
- CD/DVD name (Give a name of the CD/DVD) for example: myCollects
- Two options for launching the library. The default option is "CD/DVD will install some files when used (faster)"
- All available collections are listed in the "Available collections". Select the collections by clicking the name of the collection. Once a collection is selected, the general information of the collection will be displayed in the "Selected collection's detail"
- The estimated size of selected collections in total can be seen near the end of the window
- Click button "Write CD/DVD image" to finish the collections output.
- The output collections are saved at GSDLhome/tmp/myCollects
Write into a CD/DVD
Start a CD/DVD recorder software, add the myCollects folder into the CD/DVD, then click the button to burn a CD/DVD.
Running exported collections on Windows
myCollects/Setup.exe (if necessary, install some files to speed up the launch)
myCollects/gsdl/server.exe (directly enter into the library)