Greenstone3 is a complete redesign and reimplementation of the original Greenstone digital library software (Greenstone2). It retains all the advantages of Greenstone2 - for example, it is multiplatform, highly configurable, and soon-to-be multilingual software. It incorporates all the features of Greenstone2, and is backwards compatible: that is, it can build and run existing collections without modification. Written in Java, it is structured as a network of independent modules that communicate using XML: thus it runs in a distributed fashion and can be spread across different servers as necessary. This modular design increases the flexibility and extensibility of Greenstone.
- Greenstone3 for Greenstone2 users: How to migrate, advantages and disadvantages to Greenstone3.
- Greenstone3 FAQ
- Greenstone3 home page
- Greenstone3 manual
- Greenstone 3 Tutorial Exercises for Greenstone 3.05 and above
- Web Services in Greenstone 3
- Adding Seamless Web Editing to Greenstone 3
- A few of the Greenstone tutorials have been updated to work for Greenstone 3. Until they're completed for the Wiki, you can find a zip file of these here.