Advanced User Information
This section of the wiki includes useful information for tasks which are beyond the normal ones of running GLI and building collections. We think of it as aimed for the Greenstone system administrator.
Other advanced information can be found in the Developer Guide which is aimed at users who intend to add new features to Greenstone, and includes information on compiling Greenstone.
- Using the GS3 Web Editor: Adding metadata and more through the Greenstone 3 Web Editor.
- Security in Greenstone Collections: Password protect the whole collection or all/some of the documents in a collection.
- Greenstone Archive Formats: Description of the archival formats used by the import process: GreenstoneXML and GreenstoneMETS. These are the formats that all documents are converted to during the import process.
- Browsing Classifiers: Information about how classifiers work.
- Command Line Building : How to build collections on the command line.
- Command Line Downloading: Command line versions of the options provided in GLI Download panel.
- Debugging Greenstone: Some tips for debugging.
- Document Identifiers : What are the different document identifier schemes and how to choose a different one.
- Fedora Librarian Interface: What is the Fedora Librarian Interface (FLI) and how to run it.
- Greenbug:Using Greenbug, and online XSL template editor for Greenstone 3.
- Lucene : Indexing using Lucene.
- OAI: Harvesting data using OAI, and setting up your own OAI server.
- Remote Greenstone: Setting up a server on a remote computer and connecting to it using a local version of GLI.
- Scheduled Building: Scheduling automatic building of Greenstone collections.
- Script Options: A list of all Greenstone scripts and their options.
- Advanced Server: Greenstone 2: Setting up an Apache webserver for Greenstone 2
- Advanced Server: Greenstone 3: Information about Tomcat for Greenstone 3.
- SOLR:Info for using SOLR, Greenstone 3 only.
- User Management: Registering and editing users and groups.
- Using DatabasePlugin: Sample configuration settings for using DatabasePlugin to import records from a database.
- Using the expand_macros.pl script: The expand_macros.pl script allows you to get a list of all macros and where they are defined.
- Z3950: Downloading documents to Greenstone using Z3950/SRU. Setting up a Z3950 server (Greenstone 2 only)